Fishing is a sport. Some keep the prized possessions for dinner or to showcase as trophies of their effort. Others prefer to release the fish.
If you plan to release your fish, here are some important things to keep in mind :
- If possible, try to keep the fish in the water. Try to handle them directly in the water if possible and minimize the time they spend above water.
- Try not to net your fish as it can cause damage to their exterior. If you do use a net, use a soft, knotless net or rubber mesh net.
- Use a hook remove (dehooker, pliers) when the hooks are deep within the fish
- If your fish has swallowed the bait and hook, then try to cut the line as close to the hook as possible.
- Prevent touching the fish’s delicate eyes and gills.
Taking these special precautions will allow your fish the best chance for survival.
There are a variety of local coupons that are you able to utilize to help you save for your trip. Many of these coupons and deals can offer huge savings and can be found here online or in local magazines found in your hotel. Furthermore, many things can be negotiated in prices (you just got to ask sometimes).
Through our feedback form, a recent out-of-state visitor commented, “Westport is one of the most beautiful towns in the State of Washington. I absolutely love it and can’t wait to bring back my entire family next time.”
Located at the tip of Grays Harbor, Westport is nestled in the most southern most peninsula, commonly referred as Point Chehalis. There is a variety of activities for all ages.
Based on the most recent consensus, Westport boasts of a growing population of approximately 2500 people that call this little town their home. It started as a fishing town and was incorporated in 1914 and to this day, Westport still heavily relies on fishing, crabbing, shrimping, clam harvesting, processing seafood, and a number of domestic and international tourists throughout the year to sustain itself. In recent years though, Westport has continued to grow and diversify it’s economy in getting involved with the boat building industry.
We look forward to having you visit. Bring the family for some relaxation and beautiful scenery!